Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Day

Merry Christmas!! Yes, It's finally here. Hope you all got what you wanted and had a wonderful day with your family. I know I did.

Unlike normal Christmases we didn't have our stockings at the end of our bed which meant that I wasn't woken up at silly O' Clock in the morning but I was woken up 5 hours earlier than I have every other day this holiday. Unusually it was my sister that was first up and my brother who was refusing to get up.

Once everyone was up we sat downstairs and opened our presents all as a family. The first present that I opened was a box of skin care products, I don't think that Santa meant anything by that. From my Brother I got a pair of strippy knee length socks and I gave him an Indianna Jones model, some erasers and a bouncy ball that flashes red and blue. From my Sister I got a charm with my name on it and I got her some erasers and I made her a Dream Catcher. All presents given resulted in a hug, although from my Brother, who is 9, I got a bearhug whilst lying on my back.

Until dinner time we did whatever we wanted to do. I drew some Manga characters with the help of the book I got for Christmas. Then I set the table for dinner and made little place cards with everyone's names and a manga drawing of them on it. Once we were at the table we pulled the crackers and put our Christmas hats on. Everyone laughed when any one of us didn't understand the cracker jokes. After dinner we all did our jobs whether it was unloading and putting away things from the dishwasher or loading it or clearing the table whilst doing so we found our stockings which were full of presents for us.

It's a family tradition to go for a walk after all the jobs are done and we have eaten, last year we couldn't go as I was injured and on crutches but this year we walked around where we live delivering some Christmas cards that we should have delivered during the week.

Once we were back we watched Ratatouille then some other films until Doctor Who was on. It was a brillliant episode and completely contradicted what I had said. The episode was fantastic and had my Brother hiding behind my elbow and a cushion.

Now we are watching Independence Day whilst my Dad and Brother are playing Tintin on the Wii. Today has been brilliant but it hasn't ended yet.

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment