Thursday, December 22, 2011

Power Cut Cakes

Today I decided to try and make some little fairy cakes due to this little holiday season we call Christmas. And as this is a time of giving I am going to give some to my new neighbours who moved in at the weekend.

Every time I cook, something goes wrong whether the object being cooked, catches fire or in this case there was a power cut. It happened half way through baking the cakes and i didn't know how long to carry on baking them for.

It started well, I managed to make the cake mixture with out a problem and get them in to the oven without burning my self. Then about 7 minutes after the cakes were put in the oven, the computer screen went blank, the TV turned itself off and the tree lights went off. I ran to check the oven and guess what..... that was off as well.

Our power had tripped. We don't know how or why.

10 minutes later the power was back and the cakes were nearly ready. 2 minutes later the cakes were out the oven and ready. The cakes have been left to cool and will shortly be eaten or given to the neighbours. This batch of cakes were the best cakes I have ever made.

1 comment:

  1. They are too delicious to give away! Had 2 already so I think I will need to do a Zumba workout later!

    ReplyDelete